Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a beautiful Sunday in Madrid and the day has finally come where I got to sleep in and have nothing to get ready for all day if I wanted. It feels so good to be free! Mare Nostrum definitely took a toll (waking up at 7:30 every morning and going to bed at 1 am will catch up to you eventually). Speaking of Mare Nostrum, I still have some pictures to put up from the trip! I'll get on that later today or tomorrow. Right now we are about to go to the park and walk around a little bit. I can hear Carmen frying up something (yep..our host mom has a deep fat fryer!) for her lunch. Since we are usually gone in the middle of the day I don't think I've ever seen her eat because she doesn't have dinner with us. Right now I wish my sense of smell was a little better because I'm sure it's delicious. Last night we had yellow rice with cheese and some veggies. SO good. And the night before we had croquettes, chickpeas and some sausage. Carmen is good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment